Event Time and Date
This SOS project is for incoming freshmen students. If you are a transfer student, visit the SOS Project List for Transfer Students here. If you are a current student, faculty, or staff member and are interested in participating in Saturday of Service, visit our Team Leader sign-up here.
The Sisters of Saint Joseph of Rochester is a community of over 250 Roman Catholic women religious. Beyond our Congregation, we number over 100 Associates and countless supporters and friends. Students will assist with outdoor beautification projects. An email will be sent out prior to Welcome Week with instructions on the project and transportation details.
Please wear a t-shirt, jeans/shorts and closed toe shoes. If weather is unfavorable, please dress accordingly
To RSVP: Locate the RSVP Section on the right side of this page. This will show the number of spots remaining. If there are no spots remaining go back to the Saturday of Service Event Page and select a different site to serve at. If there are spots remaining, click in the circle next to “I will attend”. Leave the guest section as is. If you and your friends would like to serve together they must individually login to their own myBROCKPORT account and RVSP for the site. To submit your RSVP click on the RSVP button near the bottom of the page.
If you need any accommodations regarding transportation, or if you have limitations that would prevent you from working at any particular site, please contact the Office for Students with Disabilities at email@example.com.
- Event Title: Be sure to include your organization’s name and the proper name that you would like the event advertised as. (Ex: Club Awesome Weekly Meeting rather than “Weekly Meeting”)
- Theme: Select the appropriate theme. This helps students searching by event type.
- Description: This will appear when others search for your event on myBrockport. This is your promotional description, not your room reservation notes. You should explain what the event entails, just as you would in an email or advertisement to promote your event.
- Start Date/Time and End Date/Time: This refers to the actual event/meeting; you will have an opportunity later to request additional time to set up. If you are setting up recurring dates, please enter the first date in this first spot. You will be able to add “Add Another Date” below for recurring meetings, tabling, events, etc.
- Location: This will allow you to choose your ideal location for your meeting or event. If the space you’d like isn’t listed you may type it in the “enter location” field. This includes Info Tables in the Union/Brockway/Harrison. You can select “No” map and avoid entering the campus address when the event is held on campus.
- Add Another Date: This should be used for recurring dates and times, such as weekly meetings throughout the semester or a weeklong event that has the same title/description above.
- Show To: Who are you advertising the event to?
- Anyone in the world: Open beyond the campus community. This is the best choice, unless you are advertising something to just your organization or officers.
- Students and staff at Brockport: Only Brockport students, faculty, or staff.
- Organization members: Open only to current members of your organization. (Residence halls should be selecting this option)
- People invited by a host: Open only to those people you invite (You will be given this opportunity after the reservation is approved).
- Event Categories: Not applicable, please leave blank.
- Perks: You can select free food or free stuff. Students can search events by free perks.
I understand that if I am requesting multiple dates or locations for the same event, i will make sure to add the specific start date/time, end date/time and location request for each date on this page above before proceeding.
Example: Weekly meetings for the semester would be added as 15 different start and end dates/times within the first page. Do not use the start date of January 25 and the end date of May 12, as this is stating that your event sbumission is over 4 months long.
Picture Uploader (next page):
- If my student organization event submission is for a meeting or information table, I understand that I cannot add a photo if I are selecting to advertise the event to “anyone in the world” or "Students & Staff at Brockport." This is to avoid an overbearing number of meeting and tabling requests for 120+ organizations across the academic year hiding all of the events hosted by organizations. The meeting and tabling information is still searchable via CORQ, on the myBROCKPORT events page and on the organization’s event page.
- I understand that if this is a residence hall program, that I should be selecting "Organization members" and not including an image.