Event Time and Date
Spring Semester Eagle Service Days Calendar 2014 – 2015
Dr. Martin Luther King's Day of Service (01/17/2015)
Spring Saturday of Service (01/24/2015)
Black History Month Day of Service (02/21/2015)
Scholar's Day of Service (Sponsored by Community Development & Res-Life)
Commencement Volunteers (5/15/2015 and 5/16/2015)
Ongoing Service Opportunities
(These are service opportunities that are available all year long)
- WalkAbout - CP Rochester
- Compeer of Livingston County
- Bridges for Brain Injury, Inc
- Volunteering with Brighton Food Cupboard
- Volunteering with Successful Pathways of YFC
- Greece Historical Society
- Jewish Community Center
- St. John's Home
- Children’s Center at the Hall of Justice
- Sojourner House at Pathstone
- Volunteering with Friendship Children's Center, Inc.
- Rochester Animal Services/Verona Street Animal Society
- Nuts for Mutts Rescue, Inc.
- Rochester Family Mission
- Volunteering with Family Service Communities
- The House of Mercy
- Volunteering with Episcopal SeniorLife Communties
- The Hochstein School of Music & Dance
- Perinton Historical Society & Fairport Museum
- The Rochester Museum & Science Center
- Volunteering with Young Women's College Prep, Inc.
- Volunteering with Cameron Community Ministries
- Volunteering with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Rochester
- Volunteer at The Alzheimer's Association Walk to End Alzheimer's
- ABVI-The Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Volunteering with Lollypop Farm, the Humane Society of Greater Rochester
- Neighborhood Network Center
- Horse Rescue and Sanctuary, Inc. at Do Over Acres
- CP Rochester
Eagle Service Days Resources
This service aim’s to strengthen communities by making it easier for people to find good causes. Since its launch in 1998 it has won several awards for its innovative approach to social change, its social impact, and its sustainable business model. Click Here to find Volunteering Opportunities within 20 miles of Brockport, NY 14420, USA
The Wishbook is a directory of wish list items and volunteer services needed by more than 200 local not-for-profit agencies. Use the listings to find a charity that needs your donated item or volunteer skill. Follow the link to the agency's page, where you will find additional information.
The Open Door Mission
The Open Door Missionprovides meals, shelter & care helping the homeless, hungry, hurting & helpless people of the Rochesterarea. They have many different ways to volunteer (help needed at the soup kitchen, food pantry, and clothing room).
To find out more go to:
http://www.opendoormission.com/how-to-help/volunteer-form.asp or call (585) 454-6696.
Eastern Service Workers Association (ESWA)
ESWA is an all-volunteer, self-help membership association of service workers and other low-income working people who have joined with students, clergy, attorneys, doctors, business owners, and other to meet daily survival needs while we fight to end our poverty conditions.
ESWA’s annual Winter Survival Campaign includes distributions of emergency and supplemental food, warm winter clothing and blankets, utility bill advocacy, their “Operation Winter Watch” to reach elderly and shut-in members, and more.
Full and Part-time volunteers urgently needed. To inquire call 585-654-9640
If interested in participating in any of the above Community Service activities please contact Richard Harris (Coordinator of Service & Community Building) at: 585-395-5245, or Serve@brockport.edu